Occupational Therapy Assistant
BOISE – STAFF
Jan 12 2024 MST
Department Chair CCMA
Part-Time, Non Benefited
College of Western Idaho (CWI) is committed to empowering students to succeed by providing affordable and accessible education to advance the local and global workforce.
Offering premier programs and degrees that make a difference, CWI remains a top choice for higher education in the Treasure Valley. Empowering the community one student at a time, CWI moves fearlessly forward paving the way to bold new futures with flexible options, exceptional tuition value, and support every step of the way.
Visit Why CWI to learn more.
The OTA Representative is a member of the College of Western Idaho Occupational Therapy Assistant Program and has advising, and curriculum design responsibilities. The OTA Rep is considered a core member of the OTA program and will participate in all orientation activities related to the OTA program, team meetings, and will determine grades based on course requirements, course objectives, and grading criteria as defined in course syllabi. The OTA Rep works directly with the OTA faculty, the Program Director, and the Department Chair, and is responsible for coordination of the course to which they are assigned.
This position is a part-time, non-benefitted position that will work less than 20 hours per week.
• Represents the active role of the occupational therapy assistant to students.
• Instructs, models, and demonstrates effective, professional, and appropriate OT/OTA collaboration.
• Participates in orientation and team meetings as requested/required.
• Has active responsibilities with mentoring and advising OTA students.
• Participate in all Program activities, including team meetings, lectures, labs, field trips, guest lectures, and fieldwork as appropriate and assigned.
• Apply appropriate policies and procedures within the OTA Program, Department of Health Professions, College of Health, and clinical sites.
• Responsible to follow course grading criteria as provided by Program Director.
• Be a dynamic, passionate, and professional role model and advocate of the occupational therapy profession to students.
• Conveys by words and actions the values expected by CWI and the OTA program.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Certified and licensed as an occupational therapy assistant (COTA/L).
• Must maintain current state licensure and national certification through NBCOT.
• Must be a current and active member of both IOTA and AOTA.
• Associate Degree in Occupational Therapy Assistant is required.
• Must be current in clinical practice.
• Teaching experience is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other applicable legally protected status.
Cultivating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is a priority at CWI. Keep in mind, your qualifications and expertise need not precisely match the job description to be considered for this role. We invite and welcome all applicants and look forward to receiving your application!
Share this job: