- This event has passed.
8th Annual Concussion Symposium
April 7, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 12:30 pm$15
Presented by St. Luke’s Sports Medicine Concussion Clinic
Our 8th annual symposium on concussions informs coaches, athletic directors and trainers, parents, nurses, counselors, teachers, and physicians interested in managing concussions in young people.
St. Luke’s Boise Medical Center*
South Tower, Anderson Center, Rooms Ada 1-3
100 E. Idaho (North Entrance)
*Symposium will be teleconferenced to McCall
and Wood River.
Featured Topics and Speakers
- Concussion Update
- Kurt Nilsson, MD, MS—St. Luke’s Sports Medicine; Medical Director, St. Luke’s Concussion Clinic
- Idaho’s Concussion Legislation and Community Outreach
- Jake Hardee—Community Relations Coordinator, St. Luke’s Concussion Clinic
- Concussion Protocol: The Winning Formula for Idaho’s Youth Sports
- Noe Rodriguez—Executive Director, Nampa Optimist Football and Cheer
- Changing the Culture of Concussions: Concussion Curriculum in Health Education Classes
- Cassie Tipton—8th Grade Health Teacher, Fairmont Junior High
- Heidi Bromley—8th Grade Health Teacher, North Junior High School
- Head Bumps Can Be More: Concussion Management at the Elementary Level
- Deborah Lafond, M.Ed., BSN, RN, NCSN—School Nurse, Discovery Elementary School
- Returning Middle School Students to the Classroom: Effective Management in the Junior High Setting
- Cathie Jonakin, RN, BSN—School Nurse, North Junior High School
- Effective Communication with Athletes
- Thomas Sperbeck, Intern—St. Luke’s Concussion Clinic
This class is conducted in St. Luke’s South Tower Anderson Center (5th floor) which is directly east of (and attached to) the South Tower parking garage where free parking is available. The South Tower ground-level pedestrian entrance is just east of the cul-de-sac at the corner of W. Bannock Street and N. First Street. Motorists should enter the South Tower parking garage at 101 W. Bannock Street and park on level 4 (top). Enter the South Tower building through entrance 4A, proceed through the double doors, and take stairs or elevator to the 5th floor Anderson Center.