Assistant/Associate Professor, Occupational Therapy Program (4002)
Posting Number: req916
Working 9 months per year
Faculty Tenure Track
Division of Health Sciences
Pocatello – Main
The entry-level Master of Occupational Therapy Program at Idaho State University is now accepting applications for a faculty position at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor tenure track appointment (non-tenure track may be negotiated). This position is a full-time, 9-month appointment. The program is seeking a dynamic, effective, progressive educator and researcher who works well with others and will be expected to teach in their area of expertise, develop an independent line of research, and provide service to the University and the profession.
Responsibilities include teaching, clinic practice/supervision, scholarly research/activity in area(s) of expertise, academic advising, advisement of student research, grant writing, and involvement in university and community service.
- Clinical doctorate degree in occupational therapy or other OT degree with major progress toward either a clinical doctorate or a terminal academic degree.
- Experience in one or more of the following: adult physical function, neuro rehabilitation, and/or assistive technology
- Current NBCOT Certification
- Licensed occupational therapist, and eligible to be licensed in Idaho
- Desire and capacity to conduct research
- Teaching experience including academic, adjunct, guest lecturing, and/or fieldwork education
- Active involvement in professional activities
- Academic doctorate degree (PhD, EdD, ScD, ABD will be considered) in occupational therapy or related field
- Teaching and clinical expertise (one or more years) in one or more of the following: adult physical function, neuro rehabilitation, and/or assistive technology
- Five years experience as a licensed occupational therapist
- History of conducting and disseminating OT related research
- Prior academic or clinical teaching experience in an occupational therapy program
- Active involvement in professional activities at the local, state or national level
Please submit the following documents with your application:
CV/Resume, Cover letter, Statement of teaching philosophy (limited to 2 pages), current or prospective research plan (limited to 2 pages) and a list of three (3) professional references and contact information.
The position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.