Posting Number: req757
Faculty Non-Tenure Track
College of Technology
Pocatello – Main
Responsible for: planning, organizing and monitoring affiliated clinical education sites; maintaining student clinical rotations and records; providing students with regular and meaningful feedback on their progress within clinical rotations; and communicating regularly with proctors/professional staff at the clinical sites with respect to student progress. Works closely with other Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) faculty and administration to assure program quality and efficacy.
Responsible for: planning, organizing and delivering subject matter to students within the approved program curriculum. Responsible for providing students with regular and meaningful feedback on their progress within specific courses and the program curriculum. Works closely with other faculty and administration to assure program and college integrity. Cooperatively works with other faculty to manage the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program.
- Directs the OTA Program’s clinical education through instruction of students to ensure training of quality patient care.
- Develops, organizes, and conducts lab experiences with students.
- Monitors the effectiveness of the clinical instructors at the clinical sites.
- Visits clinical facilities to provide guidance and counseling with regard to clinical teaching practices.
- Prepares clinical rotation scheduling, competencies, exams, performance criteria, and evaluation.
- Provides feedback to the students.
- Maintains OTA Licensure and/or Certification.
- Works closely with the program coordinator, department chair, and higher administration to assure correct practices and procedures are followed.
- Plans, prepares, and follows a department approved program course of study with measurable objectives for each course taught.
- Prepares instructional materials, visual aids, a/v material, instructional sheets, laboratory projects, etc.
- Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance tests.
- Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability, attendance, performance, and follow-up.
- Stays up to date on technology and procedures that are found in the discipline.
- Improves professionally and stays current in the courses taught in the program.
- Knows instructor certification requirements and maintains certification as required.
- Advises, promotes, and actively participates in student organizations.
- Interfaces with employers to facilitate student employment and curriculum modification.
- Works closely with the program’s advisory committee to assist their involvement and participation.
- Promotes cooperation with employers to cultivate job opportunities.
- Assists in maintaining student job placement and records of job openings.
- Assists in program promotion and student recruitment.
- Occupational therapy practitioner who holds a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Currently holds Idaho OT or OTA license, or eligible.
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience.
- Masters of Occupational Therapy or Doctor of Occupational Therapy
- Teaching experience with adult learners.
- Teaching/Clinical experience in adult neurological and physical disabilities.
Please submit the following documents with your application:
Letter of introduction, CV, Philosophy of teaching statement, and a list of three (3) professional references with contact information.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by April 19, 2019. However, the position will remain open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Includes a competitive benefits package. Offers of employment may be conditional pending successful completion of a background investigation.
Idaho State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We have an institution-wide commitment to inclusion and diversity and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Veterans’ preference. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.