- 18-bed, not-for-profit, critical access hospital
- State-of-the-art facility with excellent equipment and technology
- Recognized by the National Rural Health Association as a Top-20 Critical Access Hospital in the United States over the last three consecutive years
- In-patient and Out-Patient responsibilities
- Program development responsibilities
- Great facilities and department expansion on the horizon
Full-time position with benefits.
- Graduate from an accredited Occupational Therapy program
- Ideally looking for an experienced occupational therapist with outpatient and inpatient experience
- Must have or be able to obtain an Idaho OT license, and must complete necessary CEU required by the state of Idaho
- Current BLS certification
- Membership in AOTA is preferred
Steele Memorial Medical Center (SMMC) is a Critical Access Hospital and Rural Health Clinic located in beautiful Salmon, ID. SMMC has the distinction of being one of the most remote hospitals in the lower 48 states, located on the famous “River of No Return” where unlimited outdoor recreation opportunities such as hiking, mountain biking, skiing, hunting, fishing, and white-water rafting abound.
Our Rural Health Clinic is staffed by 3 Family Practice Physicians and 1 Nurse Practitioners. Our walk-in clinic is staffed by 2 Physician Assistants. SMMC offers orthopedic services, general surgery, OB/GYN, radiology, pathology, cardiology, dermatology, oncology, podiatry, ophthalmology, plastics, psychology, urology and ENT. SMMC implemented the EPIC information system and electronic health record throughout our Medical Center and Clinic in June 2014.
In 2015, SMMC was named as one of the nation’s HEALTHSTRONG Hospitals by iVantage Health Analytics as well as received the iVantage Top 100 Critical Access Hospital Award for three years in 2015, 2016 & 2017. In addition, SMMC was recognized in 2015, 2016 & 2017 by the National Rural Health Association as a Top 20 Critical Access Hospital in America and received Studer Group’s “2015 Excellence in Patient Care Award” for outstanding patient experience scores.
Steele Memorial Medical Center invites you to come and live on the doorstep of the largest wilderness area in the lower 48 states and contribute to delivering compassionate healthcare to our community.